Friday, May 1, 2015

Financial Planning: Weekend Update - May 2, 2015


Well, that was quite a week! After a nice start on Monday it was downhill to the tune of about 2% on the S&P over the course of the next three days. Lack luster earnings and weak economic growth were probably the main culprits. Friday the markets opened up about 0.5% and gradually drifted slightly higher until about 2:00 when they popped a little into the 1% range and held that for the day.

My positions are in decent shape. Two are in negative territory to the tune of $1290 or about 0.37%. My "biggest loser" is PG, down $2.84. It's pretty well blown through the rising trend line dating back to July 2012 and it's getting close to a 52 week low. Although I'd like to keep building up cash in the account, there's a good possibility I'll buy 100 shares of PG and bring my cost basis down a bit. Only one position is "in the money": VZ. As I mentioned last week this is the portfolio I want to keep so I'll be looking to roll out on the 15th.

So... a somewhat scary start to the week with a bit of a relief rally to wrap things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment