Saturday, August 29, 2015

Financial Planning Weekend Update - August 29, 2015


Well! That was quite a week. And everything turned out pretty well for my portfolio.  ED weathered the threat of higher interest rates pretty well, HCP a little less well. MRK got caught in the biotech meltdown and although it recovered some of its losses it's still in the red. My nibble at F seems to be working out, so there's that. I still have about $1200 in cash. All in all the portfolio stands as follows:


In other Financial planning news, I increased my 401(k) contributions to include "catch-up" money and increased my monthly contribution to my Roth IRA so it will be maxed out by the end of the year. At this point I'm just a little less than 9 months from retirement so I want to get all the tax advantage accounts plumped up as much as possible.

Later this week I'll have a post about emergency room visits, medical costs and what catastrophe it would have been without insurance.


No comments:

Post a Comment