Saturday, August 15, 2015

Financial Planning Weekend Update - August 15, 2015


Yet another weak week. Even so, the portfolio is actually up an annualized 2.64%, so it's not as bad as it looks on the spreadsheet. And of course regardless of the unrealized capital losses the portfolio is still bringing in an average of more than $4,000 a month in dividends and option premiums:


As I mentioned last week, this model portfolio has just another week to live at which time it will be replaced with my live, real money portfolio:



For this first month I'm using Buy/Writes to establish each position so I'm not breaking out the individual option premiums since they're reflected in my cost basis. For now I have a placeholder for VTR. I decided to wait until Tuesday to see how the spin off goes and what the new dividend will be. I'm also considering HCP for that spot in the portfolio.

As always comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment