|You want these - Horror In Clay|
Falernum is a clove, lime and almond infused rum mixture that shows up in dozens of Tiki drink recipes. There are commercial versions available, but since it's not hard to make your own...
- 180 ml Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum
- 9 Whole Limes, zested, the juice reserved
- 40 Whole Cloves
- 42 grams Fresh ginger, julienned
- 28 grams Slivered almonds, toasted
- 415 ml 2:1 Simple Syrup
- 1 dash Almond extract
- 135 ml Fresh Lime Juice
- Place the lime zest, cloves, ginger, and almonds into a superbag.
- Place the rum in a Ball jar, immerse the spice bag, and seal the jar. (Or just toss 'em all in and strain later.)
- Allow the mixtures to infuse for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the spice bag and squeeze as much liquid into the jar as possible.
- Add the simple syrup, almond extract, and lime juice to the infused rum.
- Seal, shake well, and use in your favorite Tiki drinks.
- Falernum #9 will keep refrigerated for up to a month.
I'm still collecting ingredients for my first real Tiki drink, so in the meantime here's a healthy morning smoothie:
- 30 ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 30 ml Simple Syrup
- 90 ml Gold Puerto Rican Rum
- 1 Ripe Banana, Sliced
- 230 grams Ice
- Tare the ice into the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Process at speed 8 for about 20 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.